Operational Safety Education
Effective 15 DEC 2016, all personnel that fall into one of the qualifications/assignments listed below are grounded and may not operate a CAP aircraft or vehicle until the appropriate training has been completed and the certification submitted. Once you complete the listed training be sure to follow the link at the bottom to certify you have completed the tasks. If you do not do this you will not be released from grounding.
The affected qualifications/assignments are:
- Anyone who holds a CAP driver’s license
- All unit commanders
- All Incident Commanders (including trainees)
- All Air Ops Branch Directors (including trainees)
- All Ground Branch Directors (including trainees)
- All Flight Release Officers
- All Pilots, Observers, and/or Scanners
- All trainees of any of the above qualifications
Required training for all positions listed above is:
- ALL OF THE ABOVE LISTED QUALIFICATIONS must complete the Winter Driving Safety online safety education course (eServices login required)
- If you are ONLY a CAP Drivers License holder, then once you complete online safety education course go to the link at the bottom to report your completion. If you have any other of the listed positions/qualifications then continue on to the section below.
Unit Commanders, ICs, AOBDs, GBDs, FRO, Pilots, Observers, and Scanners must also complete the following three trainings:
- In-flight Icing Safety Briefing
Icing Safety Briefing (120.5 KiB)
- 2016 ORM Review for Flight Crews
2016 ORM Review For Flight Crews (1.4 MiB)
- AOPA WeatherWise Precipitation & Icing presentation (external site)
- Before you can access this presentation you must set up an AOPA login account. You do not need to be an AOPA member to do this.
- Clicking the above link will take you to the account setup page. Set up your account/login. Once that is done it will take you to a login screen where you will use the login you just set up.
- Once you login on this screen you will be taken to the presentation.
- Note: This presentation is in Adobe Flash and will not work on iOS devices as well as some Android-based platform.
Reporting your completion
Once you have completed all of the training as required above, please click here to report your completion.
Questions and Answers
Please review the Q&A document for some commonly asked questions and answers.
SAFETY REEDUCATION Q & A (12.9 KiB)