National Day of Character
Wisconsin Wing is proud to announce our first ever National Day of Character event! This day promises to be filled with fun challenges that will empower cadets to make strong choices, develop friendships, and forge leadership skills. The event will take place in Madison and utilize the Madison School District’s Elements High Ropes Course. Lunch, materials, and more are all provided for only $25. The registration fee is purposefully low so that the activity is available to a large number of cadets!
National Day of Character details:
- When: SATURDAY, 13 September 2014
- Who: This event is LIMITED to only 75 cadets. You must register by 23 August to request a spot. We have slots reserved for cadets from every unit. Applying does not guarantee you will attend. Slots will be assigned first come, first serve within a system designed to ensure geographic and program diversity.
- Where: Meet at Joint Forces Headquarters (2400 Wright Street, Madison) at 0830 hours. Parking available at JFHQ. We will conclude at approximately 1730 hours. Transportation to the event sites will be provided.
- Uniform: BDUs
- Cost: $25.00
- Transportation: Transportation to and from Madison is on your own. Check with your squadron to see if transportation will be available. Limited funding is being provided to squadrons to offset some of the cost of transport.
- Packing list: Water, bug spray, sunscreen, pen/pencil
- 0830-0845: Meet at JFHQ Parking Lot
- 0845-0915: Transport to Elements High Ropes course site
- 0915-1230: High Ropes Course
- 1230-1245: Transport to JFHQ
- 1245-1330: Lunch at JFHQ with USAF guest (invited)
- 1330-1430: Guest Speaker
- 1430-1700: In-depth, fun, small group character development event
- 1700-1730: Wrap-up, clean-up, and dismissal
You can find out more about the Elements High Ropes course at their website. The facility is operated by the Madison Metropolitan School District and utilizes certified high ropes staff to operate the facility.