Civil Air Patrol focuses its Aerospace Education efforts in two primary areas: external education and internal education. External education engages with members of the public. Through these efforts CAP:
- Informs the general public about aviation and space activities.
- Has supported thousands of AE workshops for teachers at colleges and universities around the country for over 40 years.
- Maintains close working relationships with local education agencies and several national organizations such as the FAA, NASA and the Air Force Association to facilitate aerospace education in our schools.
- Plans and co-sponsors the annual National Congress on Aviation and Space Education, held in different cities around the country. NCASE is the national convention for aerospace educators.
CAP’s internal aerospace education program focuses on CAP’s own members. This program focuses on:
- Educating CAP cadets and senior members on aviation and space activities.
- Supporting cadet and senior members by providing trips to conventions, airports, military bases, the Kennedy Space Center, and other related places of aerospace interest.