A revised CAPR 52-16 has been released.
A new copy of CAPR 52-16 has been released. All commanders and Cadet Programs officers are strongly encouraged to review the changes. While many of the changes are routine or continuity changes, there are some changes that will significantly impact some units. The most significant of these changes are:
- Units are now required, as of 01 Sept 2014, to have a web-based activity calendar. There are no specific parameters except that it be publicly available on the web and updated with all unit activities. For those using Google Apps I would strongly encourage you to consider setting up a unit Google Calendar or using Google Sites to establish a site. There are many other free, web-based calendaring options out there as well.
- Effective 01 April 2015 all cadet and composite units must have a minimum of two TLC graduates on their roster. Wing will be assessing the status of units and working with unit commanders and group commanders to set up TLC training where there is a need to ensure compliance.
- Establishes an affirmative requirement for units to have a mentoring program for new cadets.
- Mandates the use of promotion boards. Boards may be done administratively (i.e. file review and discussion among staff) for most promotions if your unit chooses, however there must be an in-person promotion board at least once per phase.
- Clears-up a previously ambiguous matter regarding activities outside the home unit; effective 01 Sept 2014 cadets need unit, wing, and region approval, as the case may be, to participate in activities outside the squadron.