Wild River Composite Squadron in Hayward Celebrates Awards and Achievements
Hayward, Wis. – Civil Air Patrol’s Wild River Composite Squadron located in Hayward, recently honored members who had a huge impact on the squadron in the past year with awards and achievements.
Joined by 17 squadron members, special guests included Lieutenant Colonel Rose Hunt, Wisconsin Wing vice-commander and Major James Delaney, Northwest Wisconsin Group commander. Mr. Dewitt Woodworth, Wisconsin Veterans of Foreign Wars commander, also attended the event along with 15 other guests.
The highest honor of the evening was awarded to Cadet Second Lieutenants Taylor and Gabriel Snider, who received the Billy Mitchell Award. The twin girls enjoyed keeping up with each other. The girls’ father, First Lieutenant Thomas Snider and their brother, Cadet Airman First Class Ronald Snider are also members of the squadron. Janice Snider, mother of the cadets, said she is “extremely proud of her family.”
The squadron received the Cadet National Physical Fitness Award – Bronze Level. In order to receive this award, 70% of the cadets must be above the 50th percentile in the Presidential Fitness Guide.
For a fourth year in a row, Wild River Composite Squadron won the Aerospace Education Excellence Award. The squadron had to complete six aerospace education activities and an additional two hours of aerospace education in order to be eligible.
Cadet member awards:
- Air Force Sergeants Association Non-Commissioned Cadet of the Year Award – Cadet Second Lieutenant Gabriel Snider
- Air Force Association Outstanding CAP Cadet of the Year Award – Cadet Second Lieutenant Taylor Snider
- Veterans of Foreign Wars Non-Commissioned Officer of the year – Cadet Senior Master Sergeant William Marucha
- Model Rockery Award – Cadet Second Lieutenants Taylor and Gabriel Snider, Cadet Senior Master Sergeant William Marucha, and former Cadet Alex Mann, who is now a Senior Member.
Senior member awards:
- Davis Award for completion of Level Two – Second Lieutenant Fred Steinhaus
- Loening Award for completion of Level Three – Captain Andrew Reimer
- Civil Air Patrol Achievement Award for their commitment to the squadron – Second Lieutenants James Marucha and Fred Steinhaus and First Lieutenant Thomas Snider.
Reciting the oath of commitment to Civil Air Patrol, three new cadets, Ryan Jahnke, George Marucha and Ashley Erickson, were also recognized for joining CAP.