Wisconsin Wing to send Milwaukee Color Guard to Great Lakes Region Cadet Competition
West Bend, Wis. – Milwaukee Composite Squadron #5, located at the U.S. Army National Guard Armory in Oak Creek, took first place overall at the annual Wisconsin Wing Civil Air Patrol Color Guard Competition held February 23 at the West Bend National Guard Armory.
The team will compete at the 2013 Great Lakes Region Competition to be held at the Illinois Military Academy in Camp Lincoln, Illinois National Guard, Springfield, Ill. on April 5-7.
Teams from Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio and Wisconsin will vie for the coveted spot of region champion for Drill Team and Color Guard. Teams who win region competition advance to Civil Air Patrol’s National Cadet Competition to be held this summer.
Milwaukee Composite Squadron #5 competed against teams from Milwaukee’s Timmerman Composite Squadron, the Stevens Point Composite Squadron and the 153rd Madison Composite Squadron.
Members of the Milwaukee #5 team include:
- Cadet Senior Master Sergeant Xavier Correa—Color Guard Commander
- Cadet Senior Master Sergeant Samantha Albright—Junior Flag Bearer
- Cadet Staff Sergeant Jon Micheal—Rifle Guard
- Cadet Staff Sergeant Christopher Sorenson—Rifle Guard
- Cadet Technical Sergeant Samuel Grayson—Alternate
- Lt. Col. Stephen Michaels—Squadron Deputy Commander for Seniors and Team Escort
- Capt. Allison Graff—Squadron Deputy Commander for Cadets and Team Escort
The Milwaukee squadron participated and won first place last week at the Wisconsin Wing Drill Team Competition and will be representing Wisconsin at the Great Lakes Region Competition with both a drill team and color guard.