Milwaukee Composite Squadron #5 advances to region drill team competition
West Bend, Wis. – Two Drill Teams vied for top honors at the annual Wisconsin Wing Civil Air Patrol Cadet Drill Team Competition, held February 16 at the West Bend National Guard Armory. The top team will move onto the Great Lakes Region Competition.
The Falcon Drill Team, composed of cadets from Timmerman, West Bend and Fox Cities Composite Squadrons, and the Milwaukee Composite Squadron #5 Drill Team, which included two cadets from Waukesha Composite Squadron, competed in six events.
The Milwaukee Composite Squadron #5 Drill Team took first place overall and advances to the 2013 Great Lakes Region Competition to be held at the Illinois Military Academy in Camp Lincoln, Illinois National Guard, Springfield, Ill. on April 5-7.
Winning first place and designated as the 2013 Wisconsin Wing Drill Team were:
From Milwaukee Composite Squadron #5:
- Cadet First Lieutenant Roman Ruud, drill team commander
- Cadet Senior Master Sergeant Zachary Marek
- Cadet Senior Master Sergeant Chinedu Ozodi
- Cadet Technical Sergeant Anthony Albright
- Cadet Technical Sergeant Jordan Garivay
- Cadet Technical Sergeant Samuel Grayson
- Cadet Staff Sergeant Zachary Klotz
- Cadet Senior Airman Victoria Albright
- Cadet Airman First Class Javier Correa, Jr.
- Cadet Airman First Class Jessie Teddy
- Cadet Airman Monte Koerner, III
From Waukesha Composite Squadron:
- Cadet Master Sergeant Amanda Schuman
- Cadet Staff Sergeant Theodore Evert
Team escorts Milwaukee Composite Squadron #5:
- Lieutenant Colonel Stephen Michaels, deputy squadron commander for seniors,
- Captain Allison Graff, deputy squadron commander for cadets
The Falcon Team placed first in the innovative and volleyball portions of the competition.