CAP members honor fallen veterans during Wreaths Across America ceremony
UNION GROVE, Wis. – Civil Air Patrol’s Racine and Kenosha Composite Squadrons joined forces to support the Wreaths Across America ceremony Saturday which was held at the Southern Wisconsin Veterans Memorial Cemetery in Union Grove, Wis.
Members from both squadrons provided the color guard and placed wreaths at the gravesites of veterans while Captain Amanda Grandke acted as the ceremony’s master of ceremonies.
Although the weather was cold and wet, other squadron members, parents and friends also joined in the solemn ceremony. Visitors from the nearby Great Lakes Naval Base joined us to remember our military heroes.
The Color Guard consisted of:
- Cadet Staff Sergeant Shawn Booream – rifle bearer
- Cadet Airman First Class Cody Baker – American flag
- Cadet Airman Merrick Beltinck – squadron flag
- Cadet Senior Airman Zachary Hovan – rifle bearer and commander
Members placing the military wreaths were:
- Cadet Airman Khristopher Schneider – U.S. Army
- Cadet Basic Matthew Polzin – U.S. Navy
- Cadet Airman First Class Zachariah Bulanow – U.S. Marine Corps
- Cadet Chief Master Sergeant Rebekkah Rosenberg* – U.S. Air Force
- Captain Richard Gobeli – U.S. Coast Guard
- Cadet Basic Corey Komarec* – U.S. Merchant Marines
- Second Lieutenant Thomas Gallager – POW/MIA
* Members from Kenosha Composite Squadron. All others from Racine Composite Squadron