West Bend Composite Squadron sees change of command
West Bend, Wis. – Civil Air Patrol’s (CAP) West Bend Composite Squadron recently saw a Change of Command Ceremony on Thursday, October 18 at the Wisconsin Army National Guard Armory located at the West Bend Municipal Airport.
Captain Josh Risler assumed command of the West Bend Composite Squadron from the outgoing commander, Major Joe Hackett. Major Tim Dixon, East Central Group commander officiated at the change of command.
In addition to the change of command ceremony, Chaplain Captain Kerry Wilson was promoted to his present rank of Chaplain Major. Officiating at the promotion was Colonel Clarence Peters, Wisconsin Wing commander.
Following the change of command ceremony the participants and the guests were invited for a brief reception and refreshments.
Special guest in attendance at the change of command ceremony included: the parents of Capt. Risler. Staff Sergeant William Risler (retired), his mother Tammy Risler, and his brother Ryan were among family members in attendance. Other guests included:
- Major Straub, Wisconsin Army National Guard Armory – West Bend facilities commander
- Lieutenant Mike Lesko, Flotilla 43-13, 9th Western District, US Coast Guard Auxiliary
- Col. Clarence Peters, Wisconsin Wing commander
- Major Rose Hunt, Wisconsin Wing vice-commander
- Captain Jeri Gonwa, Wisconsin Wing public affairs officer
- Chaplain Maj. Kerry Wilson, Wisconsin Wing
- Lieutenant Colonel Dan Ritchie, Wisconsin Wing director of logistics
- Major Rick Merz, Sheboygan Composite Squadron commander
- Lieutenant Colonel Bill Kazen (CAP retired)
Through its cadet program, CAP builds strong citizens for the future by providing leadership training, technical education, scholarships, and career education to young men and women ages 12 to 20. Cadets grow to excel in their jobs and in their careers. The West Bend squadron currently has more than 30 cadets in its leadership program.
The West Bend Composite Squadron has been active in the West Bend area for almost 50 years. They meet every Thursday at 6:45 to 9:00 p.m. at the Wisconsin Army National Guard Facility at the West Bend airport. For more information, call:
Major Les Wright, public affairs officer for the West Bend Composite Squadron at 414-704-3900.