CAP members support air show in spite of weather
Janesville, Wis. – A rainy weekend dampened the spirits and attendance of 2012 ABC Supply Southern Wisconsin AirFEST held at the Southern Wisconsin Regional Airport in Janesville on Memorial Day weekend. Members of the Rock County Composite Squadron worked the air show on Saturday and were helped by members of the Col Sac and 153rd Madison Composite Squadrons on Sunday.
Helping with vehicle parking, members also staffed a CAP information and Drug Demand Reduction booth under the wing of the KC-135.
Friday’s scheduled air show was cancelled due to rain while Saturday’s attendance estimated to be about 8,000 was also affected by the stormy weather. The extreme heat and humidity saw even fewer people in attendance on Sunday, but the air show was able to go on.
Participants from CAP helping to support the air show were:
Rock County Composite Squadron:
- Lieutenant Colonel Gregory Kerr
- Majors David Deiler and Donald Peroutka
- Cadet 1st Lieutenant Cody Alexander
- Cadet Chief Master Sergeant Jacob Papcke
- Cadet Senior Master Sergeant Shawn Bhatti
- Cadet Technical Sergeant Adam Edmunds
- Cadet Airman Basic Michael Moore
Col Sac Composite Squadron:
- Major Cheryl Carroll
153rd Madison Composite Squadron:
- Major Ryan Krenke
- Flight Officer Edward Skaife
- Cadet Airman Basic Tyler Kaspersky
- Cadet Staff Sergeant Erick Vrany